16 June 2014

An alternative Father's day card

As I've said before the Little ones love getting crafty and enjoy making cards for people, with father's day coming up they wanted to make one for Daddy. Little 1 had brought home a lovely card from pre-school that she was proud of and I couldn't really think what to put on a card this year that was different to all the others we have made for people.

When I was wandering around the crafty section of the supermarket I spotted some foam sheets and thought about what we could use them for. Little 1 picked up a pack of foam flowers and bugs and wanted to buy them to put on Daddy's card. I then had the idea of doing something different to a card and the idea of bunting popped into my head.

I bought the foam sheets and the foam shapes, we already had the ribbon and the glue etc. First I cut out some triangles to make the flags and I drew around some bath letters we had to get some decent shaped letters to stick on! The Little ones were busy playing at this point so I cut it all out myself this time but Little 1 usually likes to do it.

I then pushed the scissors into the foam to make a small slit to thread the ribbon through, Little 1 helped to push the flags along.

We then got to work glueing the letters on and peeling the backing paper off the shapes and giving them a good press down onto the flags.

When it was finished I hung it up above the sofa where we would see it lots and the Little ones sat underneath it holding their presents for Daddy, initially when he came in he didn't see the bunting as he was looking at the girls, then he spotted it, looked up and said 'wow' so I am pretty sure he liked it.

The best thing is it is reuseable and doesn't say Father's day so we could use it on his birthday or again next year. I think it looks great as it is so colourful, it certainly stands out against our mocha walls. We have some big family birthdays coming up later in the year, so you never know we might just make a few more!!

1. Alexandra Mercer17 June 2014 at 17:44

That looks really fab, much better than a card from the shop.

2. Le Coin de Mel17 June 2014 at 20:23

That is such a lovely bunting! Love the fact it does not mention father's day so it can be used for other special occasions.

3. We enjoyed making it, we shall make some more for others I think. x

4. Gorgeous bunting - what a lovely way to say happy Father's Day - so pretty and colourful

5. This is gorgeous! what a lovely idea, I bet daddy loved it! xx #minicreations

6. Jocelyn (@ReadingRes)24 June 2014 at 11:36

That is so sweet and such a great idea! #LetKidsBeKids

7. Merlinda Little24 June 2014 at 12:59

Awww that looks nice! Buntings are always festive! #LetKidsBeKids

8. Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault24 June 2014 at 13:26

That's very different and very nice - what a brilliant surprise!

9. Lucas says - Awesome job dudette!! I love this. I might have to chat to the Mother about this for next years Father's Day - High-5's :)
    Thanks for linking to #minicreations

10. I love that, it looks fab. Thank you so much for this idea, I have been trying to think how I can make bunting for the kids den outside, this would be the perfect material!
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids

11. Fantastic idea lovely and bright #letkidsbekids

12. Jocelyn (@ReadingRes)29 June 2014 at 08:22

It looks so good!

13. What a lovely idea and so simple to do

14. Adventure Togs30 June 2014 at 16:02

Great idea and so pretty
    #letkidsbekids