2 April 2014

The car washing one

It was a lovely warm sunny afternoon and the car was positively filthy!! We decided that it really did need a proper clean, it was a great opportunity to have some family time together and the girls were only to happy to get involved.

Rainsuits and wellies were definitely required with these two and as you can see there was no hesitation in getting stuck in.

Little 2 had a thing about cleaning the wheels and getting them all shiny, it might have been because every time she stood up she got flicked with water from Daddy cleaning the roof or Little 1 waving her soaking wet sponge about making patterns on the driveway.

In no time at all the car was clean and the children were filthy (there was more dirt on their hands, faces and arms than there was on the car beforehand!!). Little 2 had managed to squeeze her sponge as she was leaning over me followed by trying to clean my leg and got me wet through as well.

I then decided the trampoline needed a good scrub to remove all the dirt that had built up over the winter. The girls were only too pleased to help out.

I got my own back on my soaking by spraying the children with the hose as I was washing the soap off the trampoline, there was lots of giggling and squealing! A nice warm bath was called for as everyone was rather wet, the sun was going in and we were getting chilly. After our baths we all snuggled up in our pyjamas and sent Daddy up the chip shop for tea (a rarity in this house) which the girls loved.

We had a really lovely family afternoon together and now have a very shiny clean car. What did you do last weekend?

1. What fantastic little helpers x

2. Let's Talk Mommy4 April 2014 at 09:15

Ahhh what fantastic little helpers. I love having kids, so much!!! Lovely photos too. #PoCoLo

3. Loving Life With Little Ones4 April 2014 at 17:07

Thanks for reading x

4. Victoria Welton6 April 2014 at 09:35

Bless them, they look like they had a wonderful time :) Thank you for linking to PoCoLo :) x

5. Loving Life With Little Ones6 April 2014 at 13:08

Yes, they did, thanks x

6. Merlinda Little8 April 2014 at 14:16

Looks FUN! #letkidsbekids

7. Sara (@mumturnedmom)8 April 2014 at 20:23

Oh, that all looks like so much fun - and useful too :) #LetKidsBeKids

8. Loving Life With Little Ones9 April 2014 at 12:16

We had a great time!

9. Nice. Car washing with kids is a win win situation in my opinion!!
    x x

10. Looks like you all had a good time getting very wet and dirty!
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids

11. Loving Life With Little Ones14 April 2014 at 23:14

We did!

12. Loving Life With Little Ones14 April 2014 at 23:15

Yes, we had fun and the job was done!

13. What a good idea! My car is in the same state, and I bet Monkey would love getting messy too #CountryKids

14. Loving Life With Little Ones19 April 2014 at 09:47

We all had fun, thank you for reading x

15. Aww sounds like a really lovely time spent cleaning! We keep saying we will clean our cars and get Monkey to help, we just never get round to it! Looks like your girls had great fun though so I am sure he would too! xx #countrykids

16. What a wonderful way to get some work done, and have fun together! It's a good thing you dressed them in the right gear :) #CountryKids

17. Loving Life With Little Ones20 April 2014 at 13:22

It is rainsuits and wellies all the way in this house!! Thanks for reading x

18. Coombe Mill (Fiona)20 April 2014 at 21:36

What willing and cute little helpers you have - fun while cleaning, a great idea! What child doesn't like the opportunity to play with suds and water, thanks for linking up and sharing your family fun with Country Kids.

19. Loving Life With Little Ones20 April 2014 at 21:52

20. That sounds like such a perfect day! (Especially the chip shop tea.... My favourite!)

21. They loo so cute in their little all in ones! I love it when my girls me and join in with things like this! Their favourite at the moment is helping me water the plants! Thanks for linking up #binkylinky

22. Bonita Turner mamasVIB25 April 2014 at 14:32

Lovely post - and glad I have discovered you via #binkylinky

23. Loving Life With Little Ones25 April 2014 at 20:10

Thank You so much, I’m touched you like my blog x

24. Loving Life With Little Ones25 April 2014 at 20:11

ohh yes come the summer they will be out with their little watering cans in the garden, love it x

25. Loving Life With Little Ones25 April 2014 at 20:12

Definitely a good day with us all together having fun x

26. Baked Potato Mummy28 April 2014 at 07:38

What a lot of fun! Potato would love to do this too. A great idea to get them involved
    Thanks for linking up with #BinkyLinky

27. Loving Life With Little Ones28 April 2014 at 12:11

Thanks for commenting x

28. Let's Talk Mommy30 April 2014 at 22:14

This sounds absolutely perfect. What great memories you made here. and got the chores down like washing the car. Your team are welcome here to tackle my cars. hahah I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do things like this. Lovely photos. Love a good silly hose spray down too. So funny. Thank you so much for linking up to Share WIth Me. #sharewithme

29. Loving Life With Little Ones30 April 2014 at 22:43

Thank you we really did have a lovely time and will be doing it again soon judging by the current colour of the car!!

30. Susanne Remic3 May 2014 at 07:24

What a great idea- get the kids involved in cleaning the car! Looks like they had great fun :)

x x
    #ShareWithMe

31. Loving Life With Little Ones3 May 2014 at 09:47

We all did, thank you for commenting x

32. They really enjoyed it and we did too. Thanks for commenting x