13 April 2014

Teddy gets a mega bed

With Little 1 at preschool, Little 2 and I spent some lovely one on one time together. I brought downstairs the neglected Mega Blocks, Little 1 had them for her first birthday and played with them a lot when she was a toddler. Little 2 isn't really interested in them at all, she would rather play with the Lego or Playmobil instead.

Little 2 is quite grown up for her age and has a cracking attention span and at 25 months will play for ages with Little 1 engaging in role play and playing with toys together, she has grown out of toddler toys already.

So box of Blocks in hand, and a look of  'You really expect me to play with those, Mummy' on Little 2's face I suggested she tip them out on the carpet!

Needless to say it made a lot of noise which she wasn't expecting. She didn't seem to want to make towers or lines so I suggested we made a bed for her teddy. She thought this was a great idea and dashed off to fetch him. She loved the bed and put teddy to sleep and then kissed him goodnight, I fetched a tiny blanket and we covered him up and sang nursery rhymes to him.

I then suggested we made a chair to feed him some breakfast in, so off she went to get a bowl and spoon while I attempted to construct one. She decided it needed to be a highchair so I added an extra block and teddy was given his breakfast.

I accidently knocked the highchair bit off when getting teddy out which she thought was funny so we began a game of misbehaving teddy with mummy moving teddy's limbs, teddy not going to bed or knocking things over and doing the actions to songs, both of us were soon in fits of laughter. We had a good 45 minutes play with those blocks and then they were abandoned for the rest of the day and relegated back upstairs at bedtime.

1. Jocelyn (@ReadingRes)16 April 2014 at 09:29

That's a lovely chair, and wonderful to construct and have some imaginary play, too :) #minicreations

2. Loving Life With Little Ones16 April 2014 at 09:37

Thanks, I was trying to renew some interest in unloved toys!

3. Merlinda Little16 April 2014 at 12:22

Thats so creative! Love the chair. I think its genius =) #minicreations

4. Sara (@mumturnedmom)16 April 2014 at 15:19

Fabulous imagination! My little girl plays like this, she's 25 months too :) #MiniCreations

5. Loving Life With Little Ones16 April 2014 at 20:37

It helps having a big sister, she is growing up too fast!

6. Loving Life With Little Ones16 April 2014 at 20:37

I have to do something while Little 1 is at preschool!!

7. Mummy's to do list16 April 2014 at 21:17

Our Little Miss loves it too when we help her make stuff like this with the Mega Blocks. She likes me to make little houses for her farm animals! So sweet. #MiniCreations

8. Loving Life With Little Ones16 April 2014 at 21:27

It is good fun playing with them, I like playing with the lego as much as the girls!!

9. oh i love little imaginations :-) that highchair is super x

10. Loving Life With Little Ones16 April 2014 at 22:24

Thanks x

11. Grace says - Fab imagination and I hope Teddy found the bed comfy.
    Thanks for linking to #minicreations