8 April 2014

Proper little drawings

The Little Ones love nothing more than being let loose with some paper and drawing materials, they are at their happiest being creative and allowed to get covered in pen and paint or taste a bit of crayon (yes, Little 2 , I mean you!).

Little 1 comes home with all sorts of things from pre-school, she recently made a train from a tissue box and a couple of loo rolls, it was actually very good. There are mountains of pictures, colourings and lots of cutting, sticking and emerging writing too.

She did this picture the other day and I just had to share it as it is the best picture she has done yet with lots of recognisable drawings. Top row L-R a mouse, a cat, a picture of her upside down (I didn't ask why), bottom row, an umbrella, blue raindrops, not sure what the middle bit is, and a dinosaur (The covered bit is where she wrote her name).

Little 2 did a great picture on the easel at stay and play at Little 1's preschool the other day too, she stood there for ages picking colours and really concentrating on what she was doing, she drew her first recognisable circles and said 'I draw circles, mummy'.

I have a memory box for each of the girls where I have kept things like their first babygro, birth cards, first shoes and more, alongside all these keepsakes are the best of their pictures, cards they have made and other creations that a mummy just has to keep. I hope one day we'll look through the boxes together when they are all grown up.

1. Those drawings are very cute - I love the mouse and the cat! It's nice that you are keeping things in memory boxes too - I keep some of my boys stuff and it's built up into mountains of drawings etc over the years! #minicreations

2. Sara (@mumturnedmom)9 April 2014 at 18:54

I have memory boxes too, and lots of art work has made it into them :) I really need to have a bit of a cull... But it's so hard! Lovely pictures x #MiniCreations

3. Baked Potato Mummy9 April 2014 at 21:14

I love the dinosaur! The first proper recognisable shape Potato drew was a star and he was so proud of himself! That definitely one for the keepsake ox too xx

4. Coombe Mill (Fiona)10 April 2014 at 15:15

I wish I had kept more of mine, they just seemed never ending when I had 6 all small together and now I rarely see any! #MiniCreations

5. What fantastic drawings. It's lovely to keep them for the future #minicreations

6. Loving Life With Little Ones14 April 2014 at 23:19

Thanks x

7. Loving Life With Little Ones14 April 2014 at 23:20

I try to keep a few but a lot get thrown away after a few days on the pin board. x

8. Loving Life With Little Ones14 April 2014 at 23:21

I love the little stories she tells as she described her pictures.

9. Loving Life With Little Ones14 April 2014 at 23:21

I love seeing what she has done at preschool each day x

10. Loving Life With Little Ones14 April 2014 at 23:22

Thank you for commenting.x

11. Loving Life With Little Ones14 April 2014 at 23:23

I can’t bear to throw it all away, sometimes I look through it and think they are really changing so fast.

12. Grace says - I think these are just the greatest EVER!!! Awesome work and we're so pleased your Mummy has a memory box for you all.
    Thanks for linking to #minicreations

13. They're lovely drawings and that top mouse is better than any I can draw! The umbrella is upside down, even if she's upside down it won't work.... :D

14. Merlinda Little6 May 2014 at 22:01

Really nice drawing! My son is also starting to draw recognizable doodles and I am having a hard time throwing them so i will take a picture so that I have a copy of it =) #minicreations