27 April 2014

Planting Pansies

We have a small border out the front of our house, it isn't much only being about 4 foot by 18 inches but I like to make it look as if it is being cared for. We have 2 rose bushes in there and usually plant something colourful and seasonal in the front. With the chance of late frost dwindling we decided it was time to buy some plants.

We took a trip to the local garden centre which also involved an hour on the soft play, a cup of coffee (for me) and a chocolate brownie (for them) then the Little ones helped to chose some flowers. They went along the rows of plants looking at them intently and smelling them, we decided on some pansies as they were bright, hardy and would flower for a while.

A few days later after they had been sat outside the back door and were starting to wither I suggested to Daddy that he planted them (hee hee) with Little 1 while Little 2 napped.

I recently bought a little gardening set for the Little ones, it came with a snail watering can, little apron, mini trowel, spade and fork and a couple of pots and wooden snail labels, we already had the children's kneeling pad.

Little 1 was keen to don the apron and get stuck in with Daddy.

First they pulled out the remains of the daffodils and the weeds that had popped up over the winter and then they got stuck in with the planting, Little 1 enjoyed digging the holes and popping the pansies out of the tray.

Patting down the last plant and watering them in (very thoroughly!)

She really enjoyed her little bit of gardening, I think I will get some sunflowers to plant in her pots and then out into the garden. What do your children grow?

1. Jocelyn (@ReadingRes)27 April 2014 at 20:18

Ah, my two love being out in the garden, too, my 4 yo helps and plants and waters, whilst my 1 yo simply creates chaos and undoes anything that we're trying to do!

2. Loving Life With Little Ones27 April 2014 at 21:02

My 2 year old just tries to feed the fish gravel! Definitely supervised garden time here!

3. Sara (@mumturnedmom)30 April 2014 at 20:37

Oh, I love pansies! We haven't done any gardening yet this year, it's been too blooming cold :) #MiniCreations

4. Loving Life With Little Ones30 April 2014 at 20:48

I love them too, so colourful, thanks for reading x

5. Merlinda Little1 May 2014 at 11:06

I saw this at Clevedon Prom and I love them but I dont know their name =P Now I do and I love this flower to bits =) #MiniCreations

6. Morgan Prince1 May 2014 at 11:09

That's great! My little ones are more the 'pulling flowers up' type than the planting type. Unfortunately! Yours are really colourful and look great. xx #MiniCreations

7. Loving Life With Little Ones1 May 2014 at 13:12

8. Loving Life With Little Ones1 May 2014 at 13:13

I like their big petals and bright colours x

9. It looks really pretty & little one looks like she's having lots if fun x

10. Loving Life With Little Ones1 May 2014 at 17:40

Thanks for reading Karen x

11. Lucas says - Poor Daddy.......... making him work so hard! The end result is pretty mega though. Awesome job :)
    Grace says - I love pansies..................
    Thanks for linking to #minicreations