19 April 2014

My beach babes

I lived in a seaside town as a child and went to the beach regularly, I loved walking along the promenade and watching the waves as well as digging around in the rock pools to see what I could find. When I moved away I didn't think I would miss it but sometimes I do, our nearest beach is 45 minutes away so we tend to book our holidays near a beach as the girls love them so.

The Little ones love playing in the sand and always want to spend a long time on the beach whenever we are near one. On our recent trip to Minehead, we took the girls to the beach just across the road from Butlins.

Although it was sunny there was a cold wind so we needed warm jumpers and the girls wore their wellies. As soon as we were on the beach they got stuck in digging and building sandcastles. Little 1 was very determined with her digging.

Little 2 enjoyed squashing her castles flat and burying the edge of the blanket too.

They went looking for wet sand to build a stronger castle with Daddy, I was sat on the blanket to keep it from blowing away in the wind!

Little 1 had a paint it yourself kite for Christmas last year from Nanny, she had decorated it with Daddy at home and it was perfectly windy enough to give it a good flight. The kite flew really well, we all had a go flying it. I managed to get it to do a few loop the loops as the wind was strong. I was worried that the girls would let go and it would blow away but they held on tight when it was their turn.

Once the Little ones had tired of building sandcastles and flying the kite they decided to play in the rocks, digging and burying their feet and creating little hidey holes.

Soon the sun went down and we headed back for tea, we had a lovely time on the beach but the girls were so busy in the sand we never made it down for a paddle, never mind there is always next time.

1. Merlinda Little19 April 2014 at 21:33

Aww priceless smiley faces =)

2. I grew up near the sea too, and have always loved it! Looks like you had a lot of fun with your girls, I like the idea of flying a kite on the beach :) #LetKidsBeKids

3. Looks like a great day out had by all. I love their faces in the last photo :) x

4. Loving Life With Little Ones22 April 2014 at 19:51

We did have fun, thanks for reading x

5. Loving Life With Little Ones22 April 2014 at 19:52

That kite is great, it has been flown a lot, we all enjoy doing it. x

6. That looks like a fab time was had by all. Beaches are so much fun. I love the kite too .
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids

7. Loving Life With Little Ones22 April 2014 at 20:17

We had fun, it was lovely to see her handpainted kite flying so well! Thanks

8. What a great day for exploring! #LetKidsBeKids

9. Sara (@mumturnedmom)22 April 2014 at 22:21

Going to the beach is great, and your photos are lovely :) #LetKidsBeKids

10. Loving Life With Little Ones22 April 2014 at 22:35

Ahh Thank You, I don’t have a fancy camera mine is a 7 year old compact one that sometimes takes a few goes at getting an unblurred shot! Would love a new one but that’s not going to happen!

11. Nothing like a good day at the beach!

Brilliant photos

Thank you for linking up to the weekend Blog Hop

x x x

12. Loving Life With Little Ones23 April 2014 at 11:59

13. Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault23 April 2014 at 20:21

I love the beach out of season - something to do with being a failed sunbather I think!

14. Trips to the beach & Kite flying featured highly on our holiday too. Gorgeous photos of your girls. They look like they've had a wonderful holiday x

15. Loving Life With Little Ones24 April 2014 at 10:02

The beach is definitely a must for the Little Ones, they love it!

16. Loving Life With Little Ones24 April 2014 at 10:03

I like walking along the seafront in the winter and watching the waves crashing. x

17. Lindsey Kettle3 May 2014 at 16:17

It looks beautiful there. We live about as far away from the beach as it is possible to be so we have to make do with sandpits.x

18. Coombe Mill (Fiona)3 May 2014 at 19:08

The beach is great for fun and exploring any time of the year! It sounds like the girls had a fab time in creating some lovely lasting memories. Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

19. Loving Life With Little Ones3 May 2014 at 19:46

Yes, I love the beach in winter, watching the waves crashing.

20. Loving Life With Little Ones3 May 2014 at 19:47

The Little ones love sand however it comes,sandpits are a favourite too. x

21. I really miss living by the seaside too! Can't wait for my next fix, going home to see parents at half term :) #CountryKids

22. Loving Life With Little Ones3 May 2014 at 23:00

We always visit the beach when I go back to my dads in Devon.

23. We loved living near the sea too and lived at her beach regardless of the weather. Such cute photos of your girls exploring x

24. Loving Life With Little Ones4 May 2014 at 10:32

25. Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault6 May 2014 at 22:01

We love that too and take the dogs up although only one goes in the sea!