16 March 2014

Flower fairy cakes

As you probably know we love baking in this house and after being given some flowers for cake decorating by Nanny (see Nanny made aprons) we had to use them the very next day. Granny and Grampy were coming to tea so it was the perfect opportunity to do some baking.

Yes, we cheated this time and used the food processor to mix up the cake ingredients but in our defence we had also made flapjack and a quiche that morning and needed to do it quickly to ice them in time for tea.

Licking the spatula is the best bit of baking, or it could be licking the icing off your fingers when you accidently on purpose poke them in the cakes!!

The finished cakes and the flapjack we had made earlier, as well as some speedy jam tarts made from the left over quiche pastry looked lovely on the girls toy cake stand, and they were enjoyed by all for tea.

What is your favourite recipie? Any ideas for what to bake next week?

1. Sara (@mumturnedmom)19 March 2014 at 17:15

Oh, we love baking cupcakes, or a loaf of banana or carrot bread :) #MiniCreations

2. It looks like you had a lovely time baking. Liking the spatula is definitely the best part of baking

3. Loving Life With Little Ones19 March 2014 at 21:00

We do lots of baking together too x

4. Loving Life With Little Ones19 March 2014 at 21:01

I might have licked my spoon too!

5. I love baking with the kids :) #minicreations

6. Loving Life With Little Ones19 March 2014 at 22:19

aprove

7. Merlinda Little20 March 2014 at 08:05

Licking the spatula and the bowl is what my son best love in baking too =)
    #minicreations

8. Loving Life With Little Ones20 March 2014 at 09:23

You can’t make cakes without a taster can you!!

9. Lucas says - Yum Yum - licking the spoon is always my favourite part too. Ash likes it too!!!!! These look very yummy.
    The Mother says - Fab post. My mum used to make spiced apple cupcakes - they were delicious. Sadly she lost the recipe as it was one of my Nans and she's tried to recreate them but they've never tasted exactly the same. Now there's a challenge..............
    Thanks for linking to #minicreations