1 March 2014

Budding musicians!

There is a slightly alarming and quite annoying ritual developing in our house at the moment and I have to say I'm not loving the new development and I am sure Daddy feels the same.

There is a drawer in Little 1's bedroom where all the musical instruments live and in there are 2 harmonicas, tambourines, drum, xylophone, shakers, clackers and some bells. Now don't ask me what makes them do it and why it gets me out of bed in a shot (so that's why they do it!) but the Little ones have taken to parading around the landing blowing their hearts out on those 2 harmonicas, always the darn harmonicas, on a Saturday morning.

Saturday is the only day we don't have to get up, there is no work, pre-school, or hockey club and is the day Daddy and I take in turns each week for a lie-in. The Little ones start off having a quiet breakfast/bit of tv downstairs with one of us and as soon as they are allowed upstairs the end of the lie-in is signalled, usually started by getting in bed and wriggling with all those bony limbs then one of them will remember the harmonicas. It is pretty funny to the parent who is awake but not to the one who has just had their ear drums blasted as they were awoken from a cosy slumber by being kicked moments before.

They are always still asleep on a week day morning when it is time to get up. I think I should get a whistle, then I can get my own back!

The Little ones like to play with the other musical instruments too, sometimes they sing while they are playing, sometimes marching around, they often make up little games too.

I wonder if they will play an instrument when they grow up, I used to play the flute and clarinet and Daddy played the keyboard.

1. hahaha I completely understand this I have bought my boys instruments and then regretted doing it especially when they are banging and whistling at 5.30 in the morning! great post they look like they are having lots of fun #binkylinky

2. Merlinda Little4 April 2014 at 12:41

hopefully this is not a phase... music is so beautiful to stay inlove with. #binkylinky

3. Baked Potato Mummy4 April 2014 at 14:47

I know I shouldn't laugh, but it is quit funny! Potato loves to play musical instruments, though mainly he likes banging on anything that could be a drum. I keep thinking about trying him with a recorder of harmonica. Maybe I won't now ;)
    Thanks for linking up with #BinkyLinky

4. Loving Life With Little Ones4 April 2014 at 17:14

Little 1 won a recorder at a party the other week and I have to say it was dropped, by Little 2, behind the sofa last week and it is still there and will remain there for the time being, it was driving me potty! I’d probably hold off for a little while if I was you!

5. Loving Life With Little Ones4 April 2014 at 17:15

We do a lot of singing, nursery rhymes and in the car, but harmonicas at 7am are not fun!!

6. Loving Life With Little Ones4 April 2014 at 17:17

Thankfully they seem to have lost interest in them at the moment but I’m sure it won’t be long before we are rudely awoken again.

7. Always the way! When I have to work our girls always sleep later. When it's a day off they're up early! Thanks for linking up #binkylinky

8. Loving Life With Little Ones4 April 2014 at 20:47

Thanks for your comment x

9. oh man I feel your pain! being serenaded by toddlers and musical instruments in the morning is never a good mix!

10. Loving Life With Little Ones6 April 2014 at 13:10